Eddie Gallagher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Gallagher

I've only been loosely following this story. I don't really know the details, but this article touched on an unfortunate truth regardless of Gllagher's guilt or innocence; the process has become the punishment. The concept of 'innocent until proven guilty' is of little consolation when your life gets ripped apart and flipped upside down while you're still presumed innocent.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mr-president-the-system-is-broken-and-we-need-your-help-to-fix-it

Yet, despite a pristine record and reputation, Eddie now stands wrongfully accused of war crimes – of killing a dying ISIS fighter on the battlefield – though there has never been evidence to prove it. As a matter of fact, there are mounds of evidence that exonerate him. Investigators have heard from eyewitnesses who say it the event never happened. There is video and photographic evidence that clearly calls into question the accusations. There is also well-documented motive for his accusers to fabricate stories.

I wish he would have explained what the motive is for the accusers, but could he have done so without facing libel and slander charges?

NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...edium=facebook
    NRA Life Member
    www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

It's still amazingly sad to think one of our soldiers could be charged with this, especially since the scumbag terrorist deserved to die, regardless of the circumstances.
      "I ask, Sir, what is dinner? It is the whole chicken. To pluck the chicken is the best and most effectual way to prepare them."
      Colonel Sanders

That is a NICE looking bunch of meat!

I can still find a use for my thumb, even though it no longer has a hole to finger.

I could have been enjoying his nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pissed Off Patriot View Post
        It's still amazingly sad to think one of our soldiers could be charged with this, especially since the scumbag terrorist deserved to die, regardless of the circumstances.
        The comments on the articles I've seen about this case overwhelmingly share that viewpoint.
        NRA Life Member
        www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

There are all kinds of different stories coming from different people regarding the Gallagher situation. Clearly there's shenaniguns going on. This case is probably going to make a fascinating movie some day.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/medic-tes...fighters-death

“Why did you kill him?” Parlatore asked Scott during one point of the cross-examination.

“Because I knew he was going to die anyway,” Scott answered. “I wanted to save him from what was going to happen next to him.”

Gallagher, 40, previously pleaded not guilty to premeditated murder and aggravated assault charges stemming from the alleged killing and other alleged instances of firing sniper rounds at civilians in Iraq in 2017.

Scott also told the defense counsel that during his time serving overseas, he had witnessed the Iraqi Emergency Response Division “torture, rape and murder prisoners.”

“Is this why you asphyxiated him?” Parlatore asked. “Yes,” Scott replied.
          “You never said that you covered the tube, did you?” asked Lt. Brian John, the prosecutor.

“You said he maintained vital signs until he stopped breathing,” he continued, reading off an interview transcript, accusing Scott of changing his story “only now, after you’ve been granted testimonial immunity.”

“You can lie about the fact that you killed the ISIS prisoner because you don’t want Chief Gallagher to go to jail,” Lt. John continued.

“I don’t want him to go to jail,” Scott shot back.

The courtroom drama continued to unfold as Parlatore—a tall, physical imposing Navy veteran -- stood facing the navy prosecutor seated inches from him, accusing prosecutors of stopping short of ever asking Scott what the cause of death was. The reason, Parlatore charged, was because they had one goal: The prosecution of Gallagher.
          So what actually happened? Gallagher's brother claims other soldiers are out to get Gallagher but I don't think I've read why they want to get him. Can we handle the truth?
          NRA Life Member
          www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

This keeps getting crazier.

https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-seal...llagher-threat
            NRA Life Member
            www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

Not guilty on all charges except posing with a dead body.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/navy-seal...murder-charges
              NRA Life Member
              www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

Originally posted by WARFAB View Post
                Not guilty on all charges except posing with a dead body.

Was he having sex with my ex-wife ..??
                sic semper boogaloo

Comment

• WARFAB
                  WARFAB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ba dum tiss

Sounds like a gigantic Peshitta show from start to finish. Hard to know who or what to believe.
                Sticky Lips at High Noon!

Comment

Originally posted by dwa12479 View Post
                  Sounds like a gigantic Peshitta show from start to finish. Hard to know who or what to believe.
                  I can't help but wonder how much the vast cultural differences between here at home and where our soldiers are fighting plays into the situation.

The medic's testimony was eye opening, but it's not the first time we've heard about crazy stuff our soldiers are encountering among the local forces. Not that long ago there were the news stories about US forces being told to ignore allied Afghan soldiers raping boys.
                  NRA Life Member
                  www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

Working...
                  X