Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Media Checks for Firearm Purchase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media Checks for Firearm Purchase?

Leave it to New Yorkistan.

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/l...s-gun-purchase

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) – Two New York lawmakers are working to draft a bill that would propose a social media check before a gun purchase.

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and state Sen. Kevin Palmer’s proposal would allow authorities to review three years of social media history and one year of internet search history of any person seeking to purchase a firearm.
    “A three-year review of a social media profile would give an easy profile of a person who is not suitable to hold and possess a fire arm,” Adams explains.

The two are hoping to identify any hate speech on social media profiles, which are often revealed only after someone is arrested in a mass shooting.
    I wonder who will get to define what is considered hate speech.

I'm sure this will be a quick and timely check that doesn't cost taxpayers any money.

Meanwhile, members of the liberal "media" can publish whatever disgusting garbage they please and not have to worry about any limitations on their 1st amendment rights.
    Last edited by WARFAB; 11-03-2018, 05:27 PM.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

is it any wonder I moved my domicile to Florida ..??
    plus-
    It gives me unique challenges to the new York Court system ..
    “The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power in power.” – Gerry Spence

Comment

Working...
    X