No announcement yet.

My name is Jeff, and I'm addicted to running

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee is feeling better. Ran 3 miles Saturday and 6 miles yesterday. Now I'm just trying to let my legs recover and loosen up before the big day Sunday.

These longer runs seem to have a weird effect on my digestive system.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

• Originally posted by WARFAB View Post
      Knee is feeling better. Ran 3 miles Saturday and 6 miles yesterday. Now I'm just trying to let my legs recover and loosen up before the big day Sunday.

These longer runs seem to have a weird effect on my digestive system.
      Always poop before you run
      Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Comment

• Originally posted by camper4lyfe View Post
        Always poop before you run
        That's going to be interesting at whatever hour of the morning I need to get ready Sunday. My poop schedule may or may not cooperate.

The weirdness I noticed was on the two days following my 6 mile run.
        NRA Life Member
        www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

That's going to be interesting at whatever hour of the morning I need to get ready Sunday. My poop schedule may or may not cooperate.

The weirdness I noticed was on the two days following my 6 mile run.
          Or plan a route that has available stops lol

Comment

• So my race went pretty poorly Sunday. On the plus side I didn't die, and I didn't poop my shorts.

I'm sure there are plenty of nursing home residents who use the same criteria to define a good day.
            NRA Life Member
            www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

• Definitely a good gauge. The goals for my first few races were along those lines.

Comment

So my race went pretty poorly Sunday. On the plus side I didn't die, and I didn't poop my shorts.

I'm sure there are plenty of nursing home residents who use the same criteria to define a good day.
                I had a stomach bug all last week, but had to run 20 miles at the weekend ...... I ran a 2-3 mile loop around my local YMCA, I was to scared to go mare than a few miles from crapper. On the good side, I only had to stop once, and managed to keep my shorts dry.
                High Peaks Guru, but prefers twin peaks

we will need a separate class for my wife and for my girlfriend.

Comment

• All that training done with the intent to put in a decent showing..... ruined by me being stupid. I'm currently vacillating between "this isn't really for me" and "I need redemption in another race".
                  NRA Life Member
                  www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

All that training done with the intent to put in a decent showing..... ruined by me being stupid. I'm currently vacillating between "this isn't really for me" and "I need redemption in another race".
                    Redemption drives me most of the time. It’s why I’ve now done the 4 season challenge twice, and I’m contemplating a 3rd because this one went south. I just hate the shoreline Half so much that it makes me think twice. Maybe I’ll just run this one again on its own.

Comment

All that training done with the intent to put in a decent showing..... ruined by me being stupid. I'm currently vacillating between "this isn't really for me" and "I need redemption in another race".
                      Best thing that you can do is take a few days to rest, and then sign up for your next race.
                      I have a love - hate relationship with running. ... while training for each marathon I swear this will be the last ... 10 minutes after crossing the finishing line I'm already thinking about where my next race will be. Running is a life-style.
                      Get yourself off the sofa, start training again and prove that you can run faster than you did on your last race.

Comment

• Originally posted by alistair View Post

Best thing that you can do is take a few days to rest, and then sign up for your next race.
                        I have a love - hate relationship with running. ... while training for each marathon I swear this will be the last ... 10 minutes after crossing the finishing line I'm already thinking about where my next race will be. Running is a life-style.
                        Get yourself off the sofa, start training again and prove that you can run faster than you did on your last race.
                        I'm very race motivated. I have to be signed up for a race, or plan to have a race on the horizon or I will make every excuse in the book to not run even though I really do enjoy it...most of the time.

Comment

• alistair
                          alistair commented
                          Editing a comment
                          A couple of years ago I reached the ultimate marathoner goal; I qualified for the Boston Marathon. After training all winter I woke up 3 days before the marathon with the flu. I ran the race anyway and after 3 miles way ready to give up..... 23.2 miles is a long way to walk and run knowing that you are failing. I finished in a time over one hour slower than I was expecting.

• camper4lyfe
                          camper4lyfe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I remember tracking you in the race. That was a tough day. I know how much the last 8 miles of my marathon last year hurt, and I was healthy. I can’t imagine how bad 23 felt like that.

• Originally posted by alistair View Post
                        while training for each marathon I swear this will be the last ... 10 minutes after crossing the finishing line I'm already thinking about where my next race will be.
                        Shortly after the race my relay team started talking about doing another relay event. Someone brought up the Seneca 7 relay and I immediately expressed interest. Then I started thinking about it and my enthusiasm faded a bit.

Originally posted by alistair View Post
                        The annoying part is that I already know I can run faster than I did in my last (and first) race. It's pretty well documented on Strava. That's what's so annoying to me.
                        NRA Life Member
                        www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

• Originally posted by camper4lyfe View Post
                          I'm very race motivated. I have to be signed up for a race, or plan to have a race on the horizon or I will make every excuse in the book to not run even though I really do enjoy it...most of the time.
                          Friends getting me to sign up for this race was a huge motivator for me. I'm very frustrated with how the race went, but I'm also trying to remind myself that the real benefit of it all was being motivated to run more than I ever have over the past 8 months.

NRA Life Member
                          www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

The annoying part is that I already know I can run faster than I did in my last (and first) race. It's pretty well documented on Strava. That's what's so annoying to me.
                            I hear that loud and clear. My plan for a good race went out the window within the first few minutes. I'm back and forth between pissed off and just wanting to cry out of frustration. BUT, I'm being whiny. My ankle will heal and I'll be back at it soon.

Comment

• WARFAB
                              WARFAB commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I've got heart rate questions for you if you're going to be at lunch Friday.

• camper4lyfe
                              camper4lyfe commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I’ll be there

• https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4153729193#
                            Mohawk Hudson Marathon - 3:28:58 .... Well I didn't match Eliud Kipchoge's 1:59:40 time from the other day, but with my change in age bracket I think I qualified to run the Boston Marathon in 2021.

Comment

Working...
                          X