House Foundation Experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Foundation Experience

This is a new one for me and I’m looking for some input.

We we looked at a house tonight that has a wood foundation: 2x10 (roughly) studs with plywood sheeting. I’ve never seen anything like it and was hoping someone might have some experience with them as far as longevity and potential replacement costs if things go south.
    Old enough to know better, still too young to care

seen a few ...
    a question ...
    how many rotten Decks have you seen ..??
    “The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power in power.” – Gerry Spence

Comment

Originally posted by Norm DeGuerre View Post
      seen a few ...
      a question ...
      how many rotten Decks have you seen ..??
      But they’re made completely differently with different types of treatments.

Comment

I had a house inspector that built his house like that. I seem to remember something about a waterproof membrane on outside of wall and lots of gravel to drain water away. Makes insulating and finishing basement easier.
        She wants to be your belly gun

Comment

Originally posted by gtnorry View Post
          I had a house inspector that built his house like that. I seem to remember something about a waterproof membrane on outside of wall and lots of gravel to drain water away. Makes insulating and finishing basement easier.
          Our agent knows a guy that did it as well about 30 years ago. My father in law thinks that one of the townhouses where he is is also built that way. It’s apparently supposed to be pretty energy efficient.

The reading that I’m doing shows the same thing: drainage is key. Make sure there’s a positive grade and the gutters and downspouts are in good condition.

Comment

Working...
          X