Refinishing hardwood floors sucks!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refinishing hardwood floors sucks!!!!

I've spend most of each day since Tuesday after closing working on these damn floors. I was finally able to apply 2 coats of Poly yesterday evening. I hope they turned out OK. If not...I'm done anyways lol. They are at least clean and protected and will be mostly covered with some nice rugs I have.

Next up...paint my bedroom so I can move in!

These were from yesterday after I got done applying before I left.

IMG_20190330_180012.jpg IMG_20190330_163244.jpg IMG_20190330_163232.jpg IMG_20190330_163229.jpg IMG_20190330_180006.jpg

Last edited by Wildman; 03-31-2019, 07:44 AM.
    They can't stop us let them try. For heavy metal we will die!!!

Snowflakes are great!!! You can roll them around into a giant mass and shove a carrot in their ........

Oh I almost forgot. MERICA!!!!! IMG_20190330_162653.jpg IMG_20190330_162643.jpg

Snowflakes are great!!! You can roll them around into a giant mass and shove a carrot in their ........

Comment

I feel your pain. I spent about 2 weeks refinishing the 1100 sq ft of my house before we moved in. It sucked ass.
      Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Comment

They look really good in the pictures Wildman

Nice work.
        NRA Life Member
        NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
        www.unconvictedfelon.com
        www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

Nice work and congrats. What product are you using I just did a floor and it needed 3 coats.

Comment

Those floors look great. Can you describe your prep work? I may be doing some soon...

Comment

Originally posted by camper4lyfe View Post
              I feel your pain. I spent about 2 weeks refinishing the 1100 sq ft of my house before we moved in. It sucked ass.
              Im just finishing the floors and cleaning/painting my bedroom and im moving in. I do not own a lot of stuff so I can keep most things in basement and move them up as i finish a room.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgrutt View Post
                Nice work and congrats. What product are you using I just did a floor and it needed 3 coats.
                Thanks Chris. I am using this stuff. Got it at home depot and is $40 a gallon.

Did I mention the house is in VT????

IMG_20190330_121538.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
                  Those floors look great. Can you describe your prep work? I may be doing some soon...
                  All I did was pre clean them then rent the sanders from home depot. I rented a orbital buffer with a attachment to take off the old surface. It left swirls in the floor so I don't recommend this method. I had to then get a drum sander to get the swirls out as the large square buff I rented was not aggressive enough. Then when floors were all sanded I rented an edger which worked great. I would honestly probably do this first as its real easy to take too much off then you can use the bigger sanders to feather it in.

After all the sanding I broomed and vacuumed them. Then washed them with a damp rag and water only. Let dry then used a tacky cloth to get anything missed. After all that apply the poly.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                    Did I mention the house is in VT????
                    You might have mentioned something about that. 😉
                    NRA Life Member
                    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
                    www.unconvictedfelon.com
                    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by WARFAB View Post

You might have mentioned something about that. 😉
                      If not...I did now! :-)

Comment

Congrats bro that's great news. Yeah I used a similar water based product but different brand. Min 3 coats recommended. Assuming 6 hours has passed you need to lightly sand surface before reapplying. Tech data sheet on your product says 150 to 220 grit I used 320 and it came out nice. Tech data sheet for your product can be downloaded here https://www.rustoleum.com/~/media/Di...thane_TDS.ashx. would recommend putting on another coat the water based stuff is nice but dont think it builds like the traditional oil based products. Good luck looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgrutt View Post
                          Congrats bro that's great news. Yeah I used a similar water based product but different brand. Min 3 coats recommended. Assuming 6 hours has passed you need to lightly sand surface before reapplying. Tech data sheet on your product says 150 to 220 grit I used 320 and it came out nice. Tech data sheet for your product can be downloaded here https://www.rustoleum.com/~/media/Di...thane_TDS.ashx. would recommend putting on another coat the water based stuff is nice but dont think it builds like the traditional oil based products. Good luck looks awesome.
                          Thanks bro. Im super stoked for my 1st house and it being just across the border.

I laid the stuff on kinda think. The bedrooms and hall look really good. the living room needs a little work yet. The rooms will have large rugs anyways so most will be covered and protected

Comment

No worries just relaying info on the data sheet lol...Lots of hard work went into it already hate to see it fail. Btw I rechecked 120 to 150 between coats not 220. My bad.

Comment

Oh also dont use ammonia on those floors not compatible with water based poly... even after its cured.

Comment

Working...
                              X