Gutter Drains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutter Drains

The gutters on my house drain into cast iron pipes in the ground that go.... somewhere. All of them seem to drain without a fuss except the one at the corner of my garage. Every year it ends up getting clogged up and causing my gutter downspout to get clogged up and then my gutter overflows whenever it rains. So every year I end up snaking it out the best I can. It would appear as though that particular drain pipe has some roots that infiltrate and end up catching any of the junk that goes down the gutter. The last two years I think I've managed to get everything completely clear, but this year the best I could do was to get it mostly clear. It drains, but it's a little slower than it should be so whenever there's a heavy downpour it can't keep up with the water and once again the gutter overflows.

Snaking it out every year is getting old. Anyone know if there are any chemical solutions to the root problem? Something that would shock the roots pretty good and at least give me a couple years of not having to snake it out?
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Potassium nitrate (stump remover)? Have no clue what sort of concentration you would need or if it would affect pipe. How hard would it be to dig trench and run new line?
    Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own. President-Elect Donald J Trump

Comment

Can you rent one of these (hydro-jetter) looks like an attachment for pressure washer...

Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own. President-Elect Donald J Trump

Comment

See Rodrunner/sewer eel...

https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equip...rain-cleaning/

Comment

Good stuff I'm going to have to do research on.
          NRA Life Member
          NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
          www.unconvictedfelon.com
          www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

given your neighborhood in the "Quoit, these drains no doubt connect to a storm sewer
            the cast iron may only be the "down collector", and then it may go to clay pipe that was simply butted with tr paper over the joints
            other than mechanical methods, I do not know how to get rid of the roots

I have one complete septic line clogged with roots
            “The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power in power.” – Gerry Spence

Comment

Working...
            X