FIL not doing so great

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cgrutt View Post
    Grandpa passed peacefully at hospice surrounded by his wife and kids. One couldn't ask for anything more. So much better than at the hospital...
    Hospice does great work. Unfortunately, I've had 3 experiences.
    Hi! My name's Terrie, and I used to be a smoker.

I like it small...

Comment

Originally posted by 24Pink14Stink View Post

Hospice does great work. Unfortunately, I've had 3 experiences.
      Sorry to hear.

My FIL was ready to go. He was only there about 2 hours. I had to let nurses know he passed.
      Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own. President-Elect Donald J Trump

Comment

Sorry to hear.

My FIL was ready to go. He was only there about 2 hours. I had to let nurses know he passed.
        I've spent a week there. One of the cool things IMO is that the nurses don't hover. We all know why folks go there, and there's never any reason to rush the end.

I like it small...

Comment

Grandpa passed peacefully at hospice surrounded by his wife and kids. One couldn't ask for anything more. So much better than at the hospital...
          Sorry for your loss.
          High Peaks Guru, but prefers twin peaks

we will need a separate class for my wife and for my girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by 24Pink14Stink View Post

I've spent a week there. One of the cool things IMO is that the nurses don't hover. We all know why folks go there, and there's never any reason to rush the end.
            I have to admit I expected a much different outcome. I'm glad it was non-eventful. For my MIL, wife and her sister. The man was SO full of life so hard to see him that way. They had him heavily medicated. Removed the vent, and he just passed after a couple hours. He was surrounded by his family. No doctors. No devices.

Dying is a part of living son. I recon so...

From a Clint Eastwood movie I don't remember.

Godspeed JJ. Love you.
            Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own. President-Elect Donald J Trump

Comment

I have to admit I expected a much different outcome. I'm glad it was non-eventful. For my MIL, wife and her sister. The man was SO full of life so hard to see him that way. They had him heavily medicated. Removed the vent, and he just passed after a couple hours. He was surrounded by his family. No doctors. No devices.

Dying is a part of living son. I recon so...

From a Clint Eastwood movie I don't remember.

Godspeed JJ. Love you.
              I thought it was, "Dyin ain't much of a livin". From Josey Wales, but I get the sentiment. Nobody's made it out alive yet.

That's the beauty of Hospice. The don't inject themselves to make the experience more dramatic. Death is the expected outcome for the guest, and everyone else for that matter. They will be as attentive, or as invisible as the family wants. Personally, I truly appreciate what they do.

I like it small...

Comment

Yeah get that, just had a much different experience with my dad. He wasn't so fortunate.

Comment

Condolences to you and family.

Comment

Condolences C. Tough time for the family for sure but sounds like you're holding everyone together. Allow yourself time to grieve as well.
                    Ok I can go a couple ways

Comment

Thanks. Writing eulogy...

Comment

Condolences to you and your family for the loss.
                        I'm no proctologist, but I know an azzhole when I see one!!

Comment

Sorry to hear C.

Life is a b!tch sometimes but it seems he departed peacefully and surrounded by loved ones.
                          There is no guarantee of anything. Today we are here, tomorrow who knows.

God bless brother.
                          Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Haven't been on In a while. Just found this thread.
                            Condolences to your wife and family from myself and the SO.

Comment

Wake went well tonight. Nice service by Hudson Valley 1013, Knights of Columbus and NYPD bag pipes. Much appreciated.

Also appreciate visit by some AA members. You guys are the best! Me and the Mrs appreciate it very much! Thank you.

Funeral tomorrow. Should be a nice send off to an awesome man. They broke the mold with him, LOL...

Comment

Godspeed JJ...

Comment

Working...
                                X