How Long Until Violence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Until Violence?

It looks like things are getting ugly on the Caribbean islands. The effect might be amplified a bit because they're islands, but this is still pretty disheartening. Would things devolve as quickly if the mainland United States got hit by an EMP or worse? I'd like to think it would take quite a bit longer, but it's still a reminder of how precarious a position our "civilized" society is in.

https://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/viol.../11/id/812822/

All other things being equal, if something does occur to trigger issues on the mainland US, I'd still rather be in a rural location than an urban location.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

I think it would be hours. Fortunately my get home route from work avoids all expected areas where the initial nonsense would happen. I hope.
    Athiest. Because... science

Comment

I saw a documentary after Japan's Tsunami and how many people lost their homes.
      You had this lady in a huge line with two plastic containers to pick up clean water from a truck.
      She filled her neighbors first who was an invalid woman in a wheel chair and then she returned
      to the back of the line to fill up hers.
      You could see people desperate for water but they were quietly waiting their turn and helping
      each other if they could.
      Is this a good example of a civilized society? I think so.
      It is a shame when people demanding tolerance, have no tolerance

Comment

Sadly, I don't think most folks in this country would behave similarly.

Comment

there are few guns on the Islands guns make polite people
          sic semper boogaloo

Comment

Hell, people were looting in Florida before the hurricane was even done. Violence wouldn't be far behind when the same type of people realize they need more than shoes.
            "I ask, Sir, what is dinner? It is the whole chicken. To pluck the chicken is the best and most effectual way to prepare them."
            Colonel Sanders

That is a NICE looking bunch of meat!

I can still find a use for my thumb, even though it no longer has a hole to finger.

I could have been enjoying his nuts.

Comment

Look at the bright side, all the shoe stores would still have work boots. Show me one picture of looting where work boots are being stolen. Just Sayin!
              I must say I love beavers.

Comment

Originally posted by harleyhutch View Post
                Look at the bright side, all the shoe stores would still have work boots. Show me one picture of looting where work boots are being stolen. Just Sayin!
                Good point!

Comment

Working...
                X