Big Game Season 2018 - Post your pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Game Season 2018 - Post your pictures

Sunday morning, 11-18-2018, 8 pt. 162 lbs. dressed. Remington Model 600 .243 RCBS shooting 100 gr. Nosler Partitions.

Very nice Tony congrats!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! My goal is to go hunting next year. How do I get started?
      www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
      Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
      Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

Comment

Originally posted by usmcveteran View Post
        Idk but I'll get started with you lol!!! Tres Amigos!!!!

Comment

Thanks...

usmc & cgrutt, If you are serious you would need to take a Hunter Safety course. I believe around the end of Feb. a schedule of Hunter Safety classes is posted at the DEC website. Gun clubs sometimes post a schedule of classes they offer. There is a gun course as well as a bow course. There may be more. I taught gun hunter safety for 4 or 5 yrs. long ago.

First and foremost you need an understanding wife. My wife was considered a hunting season widow as I would leave home Friday night after dinner and return Sunday night, for 3 weekends in a row. Guaranteed. Big game season is fairly short and I enjoy being out in the woods so I was... She'd tell you I was nuts.
          She also knew it would be that way before we married. I don't do that much anymore as the people I went with have all passed on or moved away.

Read "Outdoor Life" or other hunting type magazines of that sort, they do not have to be current. See if hunting sounds like something you want to do, hunting is not for everyone. I've been out hunting in some nasty cold weather because I wanted to be... Crazy? yeah, I suppose...

Well that should get you started... We can type about this more if you like. I would be happy to help you get going.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
            Sunday morning, 11-18-2018, 8 pt. 162 lbs. dressed. Remington Model 600 .243 RCBS shooting 100 gr. Nosler Partitions.
            OMG ..
            You choked that deer to death !!
            sic semper boogaloo

Comment

• Tony
              Tony commented
              Editing a comment
              The deer looks pretty comfy to me. The rope is not really that tight...
              Last edited by Tony; 11-23-2018, 08:58 PM.

Here's all you need to know
            sic semper boogaloo

Comment

• gtnorry
              gtnorry commented
              Editing a comment
              People think that’s funny. How can you mistake a cow for a deer but every once in a while one of my friend’s cows gets shot. What he really never understood is how a John Deere tractor looks like a deer

• Norm DeGuerre
              Norm DeGuerre commented
              Editing a comment
              When I lived in Meridale. Shooting cows was common

I teach the course. We usually do it 3x per year, down in Springwater. Its a full day, including some range time. There is homework (4 pages from a 70 page manual) that must be done prior to arrival, and half the test is from it. And we do not teach those portions anymore...so if you cheeseball the homework, good luck on the test.

https://register-ed.com/programs/new_york/165

this URL should get you close enuf, or just search for "NYS Hunter Ed course" From there you can narrow the search to county etc.... Registration is ONLY done online through this system.You can't just show up anymore and hope to fill an empty seat.

Be warned, they fill up fast.....one of our courses filled up in less than 72 hours of posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham_Chu View Post

I teach the course. We usually do it 3x per year, down in Springwater. Its a full day, including some range time. There is homework (4 pages from a 70 page manual) that must be done prior to arrival, and half the test is from it. And we do not teach those portions anymore...so if you cheeseball the homework, good luck on the test.

https://register-ed.com/programs/new_york/165

this URL should get you close enuf, or just search for "NYS Hunter Ed course" From there you can narrow the search to county etc.... Registration is ONLY done online through this system.You can't just show up anymore and hope to fill an empty seat.

Be warned, they fill up fast.....one of our courses filled up in less than 72 hours of posting.
              Can I get crossbow at same time?
              www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
              Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
              Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

Comment

I took hunter safety when I was 16 still have original paper certificate as well as licenses thereafter. FUAC.

Comment

• Norm DeGuerre
                  Norm DeGuerre commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The ultimate FUAC is to realize that you only need a License on STATE Land

Right now there is no crossbow certification...yet. There IS a little cut-out slip in your hunters manual (you get with each licence annually) that sez you read the rules and will abide with them. You must carry this slip while you carry your Xbow (at least THIS season....things change yearly). The rules are bit wonky, bleeding into bow season etc...

Once you get your certification, KEEP IT SAFE. Should you ever move to another state, or just want to hunt there, they will ask for cert....NOT LICENCE. I've had scores of old gentlemen finally going on on that guided hunt in Colorado, Alaska etc.... and needed to take the whole course over again, as they lost their original cert they took in 1974...

Comment

• WARFAB
                  WARFAB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now I am wondering if anyone knows where my certification is.

I took my class in 74 and threw out that cert 3 years ago thinking I’ll never hunt again. Well a friend wants me to take some woodchuck and coyotes off his farm now. Who knew!
                DEC digitized all cert after 1980 and the place I got my cert is long gone. I won’t be sitting through another class
                She wants to be your belly gun

Comment

Originally posted by gtnorry View Post
                  I took my class in 74 and threw out that cert 3 years ago thinking I’ll never hunt again. Well a friend wants me to take some woodchuck and coyotes off his farm now. Who knew!
                  DEC digitized all cert after 1980 and the place I got my cert is long gone. I won’t be sitting through another class
                  Woodchucks are fun. If you miss, just sit and wait and they’ll come back.
                  Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Comment

Took mine in 73. Cert disappeared with divorce . I won't be attending a Class anytime soon as I am not engaged in the commercial activity of " hunting" .nor are woodchucks and coyotes "game"
                    sic semper boogaloo

Comment

• camper4lyfe
                      camper4lyfe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They're nuisances.

Exactly, Camper !!
                    a Farmer may eliminate nusaince animals at any time
                    sic semper boogaloo

Comment

Working...
                    X