Venison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venison

Not sure if this is the right place but here it goes.Our neighbor brought over what he said were 5 venison roasts and the wife was giddy with the prospects but we had to unthaw one so off we go shopping for the fixins of a stew tomorrow and steaks tonight.
    Well crock pot full potatoes, carrots,onions, mushrooms and stew gravy ready for the meat grill piping hot for steaks and it ends up being ground venison.
    Needless to say the wife who is a gourmet in the venison spaghetti dept has that look you have all seen the disappointed look from the wife, the "that's not what you promised" look , that smirk we all have seen it the "what you gonna do now?" look.
    soooo a quick cover cause it's too late for spaghetti cause there are no potatoes,carrots or stew gravy as was so quickly confirmed by the wife, I proudly proclaim "I can save this watch".
    Does any one have suggestions? 4 more "roasts " I am sure are ground venison and many long smirky spaghetti dinners in my future'.
    Are there any recipes for ground venison that I can "borrow " as my own manly gourmet genius ?.
    Tonight will be a dinner of her choice as she has told me is only right.Tomorrow a ground venison stew you all know that favorite at the hunting camps and oh so common it is hardly mentioned.Looking for some help here guys.

Thicken up stew (of ground) with flour and serve over rice noodles. I'll be right over for a big plate

Comment

Liberty I was thinking about rice after I posted but the noodles sounds better.Now what exactly am I doing with the flour? I assume adding it to the gravy but how? Right now I have about 3 cups of beef gravy and will likely have more as it cooks down.I intend to cook it low in the crock all day until dinner tomorrow about 5pm should be enough to cook the carrots and potatoes.If your near Hudson Falls I would be glad to serve you a plate
      Last edited by TMC; 09-14-2016, 08:45 PM.

Comment

That same thing happened to me years ago, took out of the freezer what I thought was a roast. Girlfriend calls me at work to tell me that it was ground so she added some pork and made a meatloaf! And what a good meatloaf it was!!
        NRA Life Member,NRA Instructor(Rifle/Pistol)RSO
        SCOPE Member
        Member Sara Spa Rod&Gun Club,Pine Tree Rifle Club

Working on another 2 month WIN!! Got 3 now trying for 4!!

Comment

nortatoga can you get that recipe I have 4 more "roasts " and just can't sit thru too many told you so spaghetti dinners no matter how good they are ?

Comment

Update :Pepper mill in Glens Falls for dinner great food great service $30.00 and a whole lot of I'm sorry for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC View Post
              nortatoga can you get that recipe I have 4 more "roasts " and just can't sit thru too many told you so spaghetti dinners no matter how good they are ?
              That was as I said years ago like 20! SORRY!!
              SCOPE Member

Comment

Originally posted by TMC View Post
                Update :Pepper mill in Glens Falls for dinner great food great service $30.00 and a whole lot of I'm sorry for good measure.
                I've heard nothing but good about Pepper Mill, I need to try it sometime!
                SCOPE Member

Comment

Originally posted by nortatoga View Post

I've heard nothing but good about Pepper Mill, I need to try it sometime!
                  Breakfast very reasonable very filling great bread dough. Lunch Chief salad skimpy on the dressing but very filling. Dinner get the chicken Parmesan with spaghetti you will need to be rolled out

Comment

I can't take credit but this seems like good link.

https://delishably.com/meat-dishes/1...enison-recipes

www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
                    Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
                    Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

Comment

Thanks USMC I think the 3 cheese hamburger Pasta will be my next masterpiece.!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X