Camping meal ideas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping meal ideas?

What do you all like to make while camping? Any suggestions for me? I will have grill grate, cast iron skillet, and Dutch oven for cooking items.

Thanks!
    www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
    Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
    Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

What kind of camping?
    Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Comment

Canoe camping, so I'll have a cooler but I'm not going back to town or anything to get more stuff

I know he has a bush

Comment

I'm a fan of tortilla pizzas for lunch or dinner. You can then use leftover tortillas for breakfast burritos.

Comment

how many people are you serving?

how about like a no.10 mountain house breakfast skillet? easier to pack than eggs, no cooler required. would also go great in a a burrito.

i like chili and stew camping. also hamburger helper type meals are easy and scrumptious.
          i always will do at least one meal with sausages and another with zweigles! both you can freeze before putting in the cooler.
          we often do foil dinners in the fire, pre-made. they work out great as there is nothing to cleanup.
          also, those pasta side dishes that are bagged and easy in a skillet.

I assume you'll be fishing, so make sure you bring some things that go good on fresh fish! lemons, etc

just realized that i need to bust out my dutch oven and get more creative next campout!

Comment

Originally posted by big flash View Post
            how many people are you serving?

how about like a no.10 mountain house breakfast skillet? easier to pack than eggs, no cooler required. would also go great in a a burrito.

i like chili and stew camping. also hamburger helper type meals are easy and scrumptious.
            i always will do at least one meal with sausages and another with zweigles! both you can freeze before putting in the cooler.
            we often do foil dinners in the fire, pre-made. they work out great as there is nothing to cleanup.
            also, those pasta side dishes that are bagged and easy in a skillet.

I assume you'll be fishing, so make sure you bring some things that go good on fresh fish! lemons, etc

just realized that i need to bust out my dutch oven and get more creative next campout!

One pot cooking is key to me in the woods. I hate doing dishes as it is, so I try to minimize it as much as possible in the woods without running water.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of pre-made foil dinners. Drop them in the coals of your fire for a half hour / 45 minuters and enjoy.
              Sticky Lips at High Noon!

Comment

Just two people to feed so I don't need huge amounts of food

I know he has a bush

Comment

Premade foil dinners.... Is the fire just to reheat?

I know he has a bush

Comment

If that's how you want to do it, that's perfectly fine. It'll save you huge amounts of time if you cook some, or all of it, ahead of time. Cooking burger and pasta ahead of time is a huge time (and fuel) saver.

Comment

I was just wondering more about what they were. Still looking for more ideas.

I know he has a bush

Comment

Working...
                      X