X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norm DeGuerre
    replied
    Originally posted by usmcveteran View Post

So what's your take on shooting crossbow in back yard when there is no town ordinance against it and only law referencing distances from structures is a hunting law found in environmental conservation law?
    all clear ..??

FIRE ..!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Chicken Shoot
    replied
    Town code is clear...... This wouldn't fall under it
    Let me know when you're shooting your crossbow in the yard so I can call the cops and we'll see what happens. LOL

Leave a comment:

• usmcveteran
    replied
    Town code is clear...... This wouldn't fall under it

Leave a comment:

• Chicken Shoot
    replied
    Question on shooting crossbows in NYS. There are no restrictions on where you shoot in general are there? I know while hunting you can't be within 250 of building while shooting unless you have owner permission but if your just target shooting that shouldn't apply.

I know my town has code against discharge of firearms or weapons that use an explosion to propel projectile but that doesn't apply either.

Thoughts?
    If you're "within city limits" shooting a crossbow or a bow is considered "discharging a firearm". One wouldn't think so, but I know of a few that have gotten charged with it in Saratoga. They aren't really in town BUT they are within city limits so .... the charges were dropped by the way. They had a new "nosy neighbor" move in and they called the cops. He's been shooting archery in his yard for over 20 years. Just alittle info ... I would get clarification from your town and get it in writing.

Leave a comment:

• usmcveteran
    replied
    Originally posted by Norm DeGuerre View Post
    it's not illegal to sell it
    liability is on the User
    So what's your take on shooting crossbow in back yard when there is no town ordinance against it and only law referencing distances from structures is a hunting law found in environmental conservation law?

Leave a comment:

• Norm DeGuerre
    replied
    it's not illegal to sell it
    liability is on the User

Leave a comment:

• usmcveteran
    replied
    Originally posted by camper4lyfe View Post
    The "no loaded firearm in a car" is also econ law, but is enforced whether you're hunting or not.

Sorry boss, but it's a no-go.
    Shooting crossbow or loaded firearm in car or both?

Leave a comment:

• camper4lyfe
    replied
    The "no loaded firearm in a car" is also econ law, but is enforced whether you're hunting or not.

Sorry boss, but it's a no-go.

Leave a comment:

• harleyhutch
    replied
    That is correct, if you have their permission your good, if your neighbor is a school, your screwed, even if they have a archery club. Gotta love NY.

Leave a comment:

• Tony
    replied
    I'm with Gunner & thughes on this. If you are really concerned perhaps you should ask your neighbors if they mind.

Leave a comment:

• usmcveteran
    replied
    Here is more anecdotal evidence in my favor..... If hunting law applied everywhere and Amazon is large company with lots of lawyers why do they sell this bow to us in NYS which is illegal under hunting laws?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NZ8...5eL&ref=plSrch

Leave a comment:

• usmcveteran
    replied
    Doesn't show what I meant but second image is extension of first.

Leave a comment:

• usmcveteran
    replied
    Oh and here again.....hunting changes lol

Leave a comment:

• harleyhutch
    replied
    I don't drink much anymore, but when I did drink, I would shoot the light bulbs out with a pistol cross bow. Maybe it's a good thing that I don't drink anymore, at least to the point of intoxication.

Leave a comment:

• thughes
    replied
    Let's just set up a shooting gallery in your basement. I'll bring my crossbow-pistol-of-death over, we can get really drunk and try the William Tell thing (I get to shoot first though).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X