Shotgun with an identity crisis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun with an identity crisis

So I was given this old rough beat up New Haven Manufactured 500 clone. It needed some work, I didn't have much cash, but a buddy of mine had some spare parts so now she now cycles and runs fine however its a Frankenstein gun.

The receiver Identifies as a New Haven clone

The bolt and internals are really confused, some parts identify as a 500, the bolt thinks its a 590A1

The Barrel Identifies as a Mavrick 88 (30 inch field barrel, cut and crowned at 18.5")

The stock identifies as a Remington 870.

So far $25 out of pocket, leaving the stainless look to the receiver but painting everything else (yes even the wood).

Attached Files
    Last edited by ADK2ndClub; 07-26-2017, 09:27 AM.

Nice! Good luck with it.

Comment

She is all finished and painted, I will upload pics later. Kicks like a mule though compare to my other 12 gauge shotguns.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was always under the impression that the Maverick barrels were NOT interchangeable with the 500 receiver. Almost everything else is.
        Sticky Lips at High Noon!

Comment

• ADK2ndClub
          ADK2ndClub commented
          Editing a comment
          everything except the trigger group and safety is interchangeable, pre-1990 models are different tough.

Ran 100 rounds through it, she runs great but more recoil than I expected, but I think I am used to absorbing allot of the recoil in the wrist with pistol grip stock on my 320.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ADK2ndClub; 09-15-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Looks great!
          Ok I can go a couple ways

Comment

Imagine the gun is a rubber band that you're trying to stretch out as far as possible when you're in your shooting stance. Push forward hard with the pump.hand and pull back hard with the trigger hand. It'll eat up 90%of felt recoil
            Sticky Lips at High Noon!

Comment

• ADK2ndClub
              ADK2ndClub commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll give it a try next time I am shooting

perfect truck gun, no worries about marking it up and as a bonus, cheap and reliable, win, win.
            I must say I love beavers.

Comment

• ADK2ndClub
              ADK2ndClub commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup exactly why I used a traditional style stock and not a pistol grip, want to keep it as trim a profile as possible for behind the back seat. She lives in the Jeep.

Nice work! Looks awesome! Krylon camo?
            Athiest. Because... science

Comment

Originally posted by 24Pink14Stink View Post
              Nice work! Looks awesome! Krylon camo?
              Not sure, a buddy of mine made the stock fit and fixed the terrible cut on the barrel the original owner tried (hes a legit guns smith), he did it for free, in exchange I gave him full artistic control of how to paint it, and it was his idea to strip the receiver down to the stainless finish instead of paint. I love how it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by dwa12479 View Post
                Imagine the gun is a rubber band that you're trying to stretch out as far as possible when you're in your shooting stance. Push forward hard with the pump.hand and pull back hard with the trigger hand. It'll eat up 90%of felt recoil
                I was taught think of it as a traditional bow but same idea... push with support hand, pull with trigger hand.

Comment

Working...
                X