Powder coated range scrap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder coated range scrap?

Here is a video of a guy collecting range scrap and turning it back into rounds again, that's not the part that interests me. He powder coated the bullets after he cast them. What are people's thoughts and opinions on this?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gzdmtRmGvbA

Initial thought is the powder coating might foul the barrel but really don't know.

Comment

It has to foul the barrel I would think ..... Now there is a tighter tolerance as well because of added powder coating layer right?
      www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
      Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
      Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

Comment

I have been buying FMJ and TMJ bullets for 1 cent more than the lead or copper coated bullets.
        So given the differences in cost I have even less interest in being close to lead. I just buy fmjs bulk and pay just a bit more.
        In some places you cannot shoot lead whether is plated or poly coated.
        Also some manufactures void your guarantee weather it is plated or poly coated.
        I think the polymer compounds are the future. Lighter bullets with no lead. They are not a lot cheaper now but they will be at some point.
        I mean since copper is not getting any cheaper neither.
        Tungsten is also out so we have to do the best we can with what we have so far.

I just hate lead. I mean not lead but the fumes, the guys shooting lead indoors (Again now banned in many places) and so forth.

It is a shame when people demanding tolerance, have no tolerance

Comment

Working...
        X