The Firing Line - Pearl River, NY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Firing Line - Pearl River, NY

Went and shot at The Firing Line today for the first time.
    If you can get over the pealing paint on the wall as you walk down the stairs, the well worn carpet and the heavy smoke smell that they are trying to hide with air freshener ..... this place is okay. I would have liked more air circulation in the range, but it was well lit and clean.

Cost - $25 per day. ... so I shot 75 rounds at lunchtime and will shoot another 25+ after work.
    High Peaks Guru, but prefers twin peaks

we will need a separate class for my wife and for my girlfriend.

Last time I was there was many years ago 1990s I think. This is the first relatively positive thing I've read about the place since. Most people who post about it don't have anything good to say. Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

The retail store area smelt like an ash tray, but the range was fine. I would not recommend that anyone with asthma or other breathing issue go.

Comment

Their ventilation system has been out of service for about 15 years.
        I dip my bullets in bacon grease.

Comment

I hate to resurect an old thread especially since I have been away for such a long time but I was told at work that they may be reviving this place. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan2904 View Post
            I hate to resurect an old thread especially since I have been away for such a long time but I was told at work that they may be reviving this place. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
            What you are hearing is correct, new owners were at a NRA dinner I attended two weeks ago, the new name will be RISE- ROCKLAND INDOOR SHOOTING EDUCATION. With out knowing what the acronym was one might thing it's an occult or religious establishment, LOL. Hope they succeed in turning the place around, they have their work cut out for them. When that place first opened it was "the serious sportsman" a family run/owned business that was very reputable, safe ,nice appearance, and pleasant to deal with, I personally knew the owners and when they sold it it went right to rock bottom. Everything from gang training with range guns, missing firearms and even a suicide with a range gun on the range.
            I'm confused!!!!!

Comment

Yesterday RISE (Rockland Indoor Shooting Education) opened in the old Firing Line facilities in Pearl River (100 N. Middletown Road).

$25 per port per hour/ $35 per port for hi-caliber.

Place looks great. The Firing Line is gone.

Comment

Comment

The spent brass at the front counter is a nice touch.
                  Athiest. Because... science

Comment

What was the selection like?

Comment

Working...
                    X