Out of State Permits question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of State Permits question?

I have looked around and plan on trying to make a list for this forum of what each out of state permit grants you access too as far as other states but am I wrong or are a lot of the lists out there I have found wrong? What I mean is I thought I read that some states will except the Utah resident permit and not the non-resident permit and if I remember correctly those websites where you click the state permits and it highlights where you can carry show states that your really not allowed to carry in? Anyone ever notice this? Would there be interest if I did the research to list all the permits and who accepted there resident and who accepted there non resident?
    www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
    Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
    Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

What about something like that?
    Some guy living in NewYorkistan

Comment

Originally posted by usmcveteran8152 View Post
      I have looked around and plan on trying to make a list for this forum of what each out of state permit grants you access too as far as other states but am I wrong or are a lot of the lists out there I have found wrong? What I mean is I thought I read that some states will except the Utah resident permit and not the non-resident permit and if I remember correctly those websites where you click the state permits and it highlights where you can carry show states that your really not allowed to carry in? Anyone ever notice this? Would there be interest if I did the research to list all the permits and who accepted there resident and who accepted there non resident?

You're opening yourself up for A LOT OF FOLLOW UP WORK. Just because your list is verified and valid today, doesn't mean it will be up to date tomorrow or next week. Staying on top of those restrictions, changes, modifications can become unbelievably tedious. If I were traveling, I'd still do my due diligence with each and every state I'd be traveling through. With this in mind, the USAcarry site is a decent start, but not the end all. As your list would be. Why recreate the wheel unnecessarily?

Comment

Gotta say I agree with MS. Leaving aside the potential liability for a minute, I wouldn't want to see somebody get jammed up because they relied on something posted here which wasn't up do date. My vision for this site is to have a place where good peeps can hang out, talk guns and what not, joke around with each other and leave the stress of the real world behind for a few hours. We can't be viewed as some sort of authority for any legal reference or advise. Never be able to keep up with it. That said, I think putting up general guidance for process to get a non-resident permit or travel to another state with your pistol is a great idea. Everybody just needs to understand that its their responsibility to do their own homework and know the applicable law before taking any action based upon something posted here. Its still the Interwebz at the end of the day, lol...

Comment

I think I'm going to add a new rule, lol...

Comment

I planned on putting some like it is up to date as of and look into it on your own were not liable ect. but your right it would be so much easier just starting a thread with links too the appropriate websites as a starting point and ask that members notify us if links become bad. By links I am talking about either to another website like USA Carry and also any official State website I can find.
            www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
            Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
            Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

Comment

I'm good with that! Heck there's a ton of good info on "the other site" too so go ahead and link away, lol...

Comment

I would talk to Luke over at usacarry.com. See if he'd mind you linking some state info to his site. He's up to date, the info is clear and easy to follow, and he's a good guy!
                David S. Jenkins
                Founder, Director of Training and Development
                Rochester Personal Defense, LLC
                Rochester, NY
                www.safeinrochester.com
                585-406-6758

"Fear not the night. Fear that which walks the night. And I am that which walks the night. But only evil need fear me…and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…because I walk the night.” –Lt Col David Grossman

Comment

Working...
                X