Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mental health exam to renew pistol permit could be next!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental health exam to renew pistol permit could be next!

Wow NYS has lost it mind. Keep digging but Thursday is fast approaching.

Hochul the facist is calling special session Thursday to pass more gun control laws.

Some things could be 15 to 20 hours of live fire training ( I'm assuming that cost will be responsibility of permit applicant) , restrictions on where you can carry including based on group size. One old bill I saw said groups of over 15 people you can't carry.

Also apparently there are talks you have to get a professional mental health exam to renew your permit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...ny-nj.amp.html

www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
    Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
    Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

How could I forget..... Also talks of making it illegal by default to carry on private property like businesses unless you get permission instead of you can unless it's posted otherwise.

I know he has a bush

Comment

Originally posted by usmcveteran View Post
      How could I forget..... Also talks of making it illegal by default to carry on private property like businesses unless you get permission instead of you can unless it's posted otherwise.
      It's stupid, but the actual enforcement of such a rule isn't something businesses are going to want to get involved in. Concealed is concealed, and very few businesses are going to be interested in having their staff and employees hassle armed patrons.

I understand the chilling effect it will have on 2A rights and how it's also intentionally spiting the Supreme Court. But since voting isn't going to do anything for us in this state, peaceful non-compliance will probably be the best route. If someone gets busted and has their permit revoked, then let's all pitch in to help their court case. But if New Yorkistan is going to intentionally ignore the rulings of higher courts, it's never going to be a 2A friendly state.

My guess is it will end up being a county by county thing. Sucks to be living in a county with an anti-gun liberal DA who wants to prosecute this nonsense. My guess is that the sheriffs aren't going to touch most of this stuff. So just like the SAFE act, the biggest risks are on the highways where the state troopers patrol.
      NRA Life Member
      NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
      www.unconvictedfelon.com
      www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

I'd love to know how live fire training is supposed to happen when current law prevents non-licensed people from even touching pistols.
        Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Comment

Originally posted by camper4lyfe View Post
          I'd love to know how live fire training is supposed to happen when current law prevents non-licensed people from even touching pistols.
          Good call forgot about that. Let's hope they did too because that would make it even easier to get it thrown out.

I know he has a bush

Comment

Working...
          X