New AR Compliance Product

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AR Compliance Product

I watched the video and now I'm trying to figure out what they did.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sha...egal/293100142

It looks intriguing and follows the KISS principle.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Interesting, but not sure it would meet standard (whatever that may be) of fixed. Seems like mag is readily detachable if upper is off.

I recently saw another product that made mag fixed even when upper was off but enabled mag to be released with a tool (while upper was off). It was much cleaner than some other approaches but cost was about $40 a piece.
    Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own. President-Elect Donald J Trump

Comment

Very cool, it's amazing what people come up with.
      www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
      Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
      Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

Comment

Originally posted by Cgrutt View Post
        Interesting, but not sure it would meet standard (whatever that may be) of fixed. Seems like mag is readily detachable if upper is off.

I recently saw another product that made mag fixed even when upper was off but enabled mag to be released with a tool (while upper was off). It was much cleaner than some other approaches but cost was about $40 a piece.
        If upper is off then is it a Aw at that point?
        www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
        Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
        Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

Comment

Here is the product I was referring to, FC Hook:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tp-fc-hook.html
          Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own. President-Elect Donald J Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Cgrutt View Post
            Interesting, but not sure it would meet standard (whatever that may be) of fixed. Seems like mag is readily detachable if upper is off
            That's the same as many of the other magazine lock compliance solutions out there. Obviously the state is in no rush to say whether or not any of these solutions pass legal muster.
            NRA Life Member
            www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

I guess I'd prefer that mag releases when upper is open for a variety of reasons but absent any definitive guidance I'd probably opt for a more "permanent" (I know nothing is permanent) solution. FUAC.

Comment

I thought there was something like this out there, and it was the ONLY thing NYS Troopers said was not compliant (as relayed to me from a NYS gun manufacturer). It was a bar on the mag release button (right side) that extended upwards towards the upper receiver, that couldn't be pressed while the upper was attached to lower (upper physically blocks the bar's movement). Pull the rear pin, 'shotgun' open the upper, and the extension would permit the mag release to push through, dropping the mag.

Comment

I believe you're referring to the AR Maglock. This new gizmo goes on the left side of the receiver in the bolt catch slot. Looks like when you close the receiver it gets pushed down over the left side of the magazine release.
                  NRA Life Member
                  www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

Working...
                  X