Air Cure Cerakote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Cure Cerakote

Anyone have any experience with the air cure Cerakote?

I have an 870 Express that rusts when you look at it funny. That, along with the lousy finish on the stock leads me to want to strip it down and refinish the whole blasted thing.

I really don't want to use the oven to do the heat cured Cerakote, and just came across the air cure stuff. I'm sure it's not as robust as its heat counterpart, but I'd imagine Cerakote wouldn't release something that wasn't durable.

Thoughts?
    Old enough to know better, still too young to care

A good powder coat needs heat to cure
    sic semper boogaloo

Comment

Are you looking for a project you can do yourself, or mainly looking to refinish the gun? If you're mainly looking to just get it refinished I could get you a quote from a local guy who coated my 1911 for a very reasonable price.
      NRA Life Member
      NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
      www.unconvictedfelon.com
      www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by WARFAB View Post
        Are you looking for a project you can do yourself, or mainly looking to refinish the gun? If you're mainly looking to just get it refinished I could get you a quote from a local guy who coated my 1911 for a very reasonable price.
        I think the answer is yes. I can get the materials for about $40. I know Gunsick would do it, as well. I'm on the fence about doing it myself vs paying to have it done.
        Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Comment

Working...
        X