Serial Numbers No Longer Necessary?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Numbers No Longer Necessary?

This could end up being very problematic for the New York pistol permit scheme.

In a move that already has gun-control enthusiasts clutching their pearls, a judge on Wednesday ruled that a federal law barring possession of a gun with a removed serial number is unconstitutional.

Taking his cue from the guiding precedent of the Supreme Court's landmark June gun ruling that found Americans have a constitutionally-protected right to carry a handgun in public, U.S. District Judge Joseph Goodwin said the serial-number law was inconsistent with the country's "historical tradition of firearms regulation."
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

is there any appeal or anything on this? might have to reach out to Monroe county clerk's office and ask if they can remove serial numbers from my permit if i take them off guns.
    www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
    Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
    Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

Comment

• Norm DeGuerre
      Norm DeGuerre commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt that one may do that
      Defacing Federal property, perhaps
      I can anticipate done bogus Charge

Originally posted by usmcveteran View Post
    is there any appeal or anything on this? might have to reach out to Monroe county clerk's office and ask if they can remove serial numbers from my permit if i take them off guns.
    I don't know whether or not it will be appealed. I've read armchair quarterback opinions saying it won't be appealed because the feds wouldn't want to risk expanding the scope of the ruling beyond the district. Not sure if there's any merit to that idea or not, and too tired to look into it more.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

Working...
    X