ATF vs. Honey Badger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF vs. Honey Badger

Apparently the ATF randomly decided that Q's Honey Badger pistol is actually an SBR. The decision seems quite arbitrary and capricious..... as do most ATF determinations about things like bump stocks and stabilizing braces. A while back the ATF was making comments about looking at the legality of stabilizing braces, can't help but wonder if this is the first salvo in a new regulatory battle on the stabilizing brace front. Let's face it: the NFA is a joke that was deemed constitutional on dubious legal grounds and needs to be overturned. Perhaps the Honey Badger case will make it to the SCOTUS after ACB takes a seat on the bench and the NFA will actually get overturned.

Kind of makes me want to quickly buy an AR pistol kit with a stabilizing brace just to flip the bird to the ATF. As if the firearms market wasn't already hot enough, it probably just got hotter.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

I was doing some looking the other day while planning my next build, and one thing I learned: parts are nearly impossible to find for anything.
    Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Comment

Originally posted by camper4lyfe View Post
      I was doing some looking the other day while planning my next build, and one thing I learned: parts are nearly impossible to find for anything.
      Wishing I'd bought a second rifle kit after my last build. No idea how soon PSA can ship kits that are in stock, but they're about $200 more expensive now than when I bought mine.
      NRA Life Member
      www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

Originally posted by WARFAB View Post

Wishing I'd bought a second rifle kit after my last build. No idea how soon PSA can ship kits that are in stock, but they're about $200 more expensive now than when I bought mine.
        I have a couple lowers that are still waiting to be dressed up. Based on what I'm seeing, it's going to be a long wait before they are finished.
        Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Comment

Looks like the ATF just issued a 60 day "stay" on their decision.

Yet another story of the arbitrary whims of government regulators and the untold costs upon business and society as people try to comply.
          NRA Life Member
          www.unconvictedfelon.com

Comment

Working...
          X