Westchester Red Flag Confiscation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westchester Red Flag Confiscation

Someone calls a tip line, which leads to a red flag confiscation, which leads to a search warrant, which leads to 33 felony charges. Wouldn't the felony charges be 'fruit of the poisonous tree'?

https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/moun...hester/787769/

A 20-year-old has been arrested after a cache of weapons was discovered in Northern Westchester, authorities announced.

Emeric Tyler of Yorktown has been charged with illegally possessing numerous high-capacity ammunition magazines which were stored in his family’s Yorktown home along with numerous lawfully possessed weapons.
    During the execution of the ERPO, police discovered and seized more than 30 lawfully possessed weapons, according to the DA's office.

Based upon their observations while in the residence, a search warrant was obtained and 33 high-capacity magazines were recovered through the search warrant order along with highly flammable substances that posed a risk to the residents of the home, the DA's office said.
    Chances the "highly flammable substances" were reloading supplies? I've got gas cans in my garage. Do those gas cans pose a risk to the residents of my home? Are they worthy of reckless endangerment charges?
    Last edited by WARFAB; 05-10-2020, 10:19 AM.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

What a bunch of BS. Instead of getting someone the help they may need, we're going to send them away for life for possession of an item that's legal in 90% of the country.
    Sticky Lips at High Noon!

Comment

Originally posted by dwa12479 View Post
      What a bunch of BS. Instead of getting someone the help they may need, we're going to send them away for life for possession of an item that's legal in 90% of the country.
      Assuming the guy actually needs help and this wasn't a malicious abuse of the red flag law system.
      NRA Life Member
      NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
      www.unconvictedfelon.com
      www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

Working...
      X