5/4 SCOTUS Watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/4 SCOTUS Watch

After the NYS transport case was rendered moot, 10 different 2A petitions were put back on the court's docket. Rumor has it we might find out which case they want to hear tomorrow.

Are we just going to get teased again or are the justices going to pick something meaty and make sure the lower courts quit thumbing their noses at the highest court in the land?
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

One can sure hope so!

I'm itching for a fight...
    "I ask, Sir, what is dinner? It is the whole chicken. To pluck the chicken is the best and most effectual way to prepare them."
    Colonel Sanders

That is a NICE looking bunch of meat!

I can still find a use for my thumb, even though it no longer has a hole to finger.

I could have been enjoying his nuts.

Comment

Not good news. Not bad news. Just no news.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/what-do-todays-supreme-court-non-decisions-mean-for-gun-rights/

This morning’s orders were thus anticlimactic. No cert grants on Second Amendment cases, but no denials either. The pending 2A cases are thus likely relisted for a future conference (which is also a very common practice).

What does this mean?

It could be that the pro-2A block (which has the necessary four votes to grant cert) is holding fire until they can get a better read on Roberts. It could be that there was just too much business at last week’s conference (especially given that they are holding the conferences telephonically or by vidconference).

It could be any number of possibilities…all of which are sheer speculation at this point.

I'll add my speculation: The conservative justices might know more about RBG's health situation than the general public does.
      NRA Life Member
      NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
      www.unconvictedfelon.com
      www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

Working...
      X