• Executive Order Designates Rifles For Militia Use

Proposed executive order?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...itia-purposes/
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Interesting. I thought the 2A already did that, LOL. FUAC.
    Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own. President-Elect Donald J Trump

Comment

I need to read this much more carefully, but one very concerning detail is that Bolt Action rifles are included as " Militia appurtenances"
      never set a precedent where none exists
      “The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power in power.” – Gerry Spence

Comment

I'm on my cell phone so I haven't gone over out carefully yet. My first thought was of the anti-gun people I know who still think "the militia" refers to the military or/and national guard. They're just going to look at this as supporting their view. Assuming my understanding of the SCOTUS affirming the 2A as an individual right is correct, and there are no future legal problems with defining the term "militia", then this could be good. The ignorant anti-gunners might be happy with their understanding that Trump is further limiting the use of scary rifles, while gun owners can buy the rifles they like.

Doubtful that such a misinformation campaign could work, but I'll probably have some fun confusing people about what's going on.
        Last edited by WARFAB; 02-25-2017, 01:07 PM.
        NRA Life Member
        NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
        www.unconvictedfelon.com
        www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

Why limit rifle magazines to 30 rounds (or less) when there are drum magazines of much greater capacity that are already legal in most states?

No mention of handguns? There are handguns with magazine capacities of over 30 rounds. How would they be affected?
          "I ask, Sir, what is dinner? It is the whole chicken. To pluck the chicken is the best and most effectual way to prepare them."
          Colonel Sanders

That is a NICE looking bunch of meat!

I can still find a use for my thumb, even though it no longer has a hole to finger.

Still cracking my nuts!

Comment

You guys realize this is all nonsense. Right?
            Hi! My name's Terrie, and I used to be a smoker.

I like it small...

Comment

Yes, it's all pure conjecture.

But we can still talk about it.
              "I ask, Sir, what is dinner? It is the whole chicken. To pluck the chicken is the best and most effectual way to prepare them."
              Colonel Sanders

That is a NICE looking bunch of meat!

I can still find a use for my thumb, even though it no longer has a hole to finger.

Still cracking my nuts!

Comment

Working...
              X