pistol permit lawyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pistol permit lawyer

does anyone know a good lawyer to help with getting pistol permits locally here in monroe county? I have had two people recently ask me about this and I'm drawing a blank for some reason.
    one is a relative of a friend that had a misdemeanor or something as a kid many years ago and he now wants to get his permit. but obviously he wants to consult legal counsel prior to going to far down the road.
    the other is on anti-anxiety medication and is concerned about the safe act blocking him from getting his permit. so he wants to make sure he goes about it the right way as well, so assumes it would be worth talking with a lawyer that has experience with the permitting process. stupid that it even comes to this as he is not a threat to anyone and just wants to get into the competitive shooting sports.

thanks in advance. I know there was one guy that I met at GCL that gave lectures there and specializes in this stuff, but i can't remember his dang name. Anyone also have any ballpark costs of what this could cost to go talk to a lawyer about? I wouldn't have any idea.

Sheldon Boyce is the person your thinking of i think.

For the anxiety medicine person I would start by getting letter from doctor that he is not a threat and no reason why he should not be allowed a Permit
    www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
    Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
    Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

Comment

yep, that's the name i couldn't think of!

that makes sense, I will definitely let him know to get that kind of a letter as a first step. thanks!

Comment

My thought is a doctor cant rule on law so I judge shouldn't decide medical opinion. Plus if he can't get that letter how much will a lawyer help
        www.AvidArms.com I'm STIHL out of conditioner!!
        Finally joined the ranks of broke homeowner
        Am I short stroking or going to fast?

I know he has a bush

Comment

yeah, that's true. not something I had thought about.

hopefully his doctor isn't anti-2A and a total dick when he asks for such a letter.

his biggest concern is that he lives with permit holders. so he is more worried about what happens to the others if he applies and gets denied, not so much just him getting denied. Like would that flag the others in the house because they have someone that lives with them that was denied that right. you know? i know it's paranoid but i think a lawyer should be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by usmcveteran View Post
            Sheldon Boyce is the person your thinking of i think.

For the anxiety medicine person I would start by getting letter from doctor that he is not a threat and no reason why he should not be allowed a Permit
            Yup, he is the guy.

Comment

Working...
            X