Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone's great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather bubba-fudd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone's great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather bubba-fudd?

Give or take a great or two.

Or was it just good old fashioned American ingenuity?

Take your pick!

I bought this wall-hanger because it amused me. The anti's have a fit when gun owners come up with something, hell, anything different, and it scares them. But gun owners have been altering firearms for hundreds of years, and this is a prime example, whatever the reason.

It originally started out as a 1700's smoothbore flintlock musket, or possibly flintlock fowler. A couple hundred years ago, someone chopped the barrel to a length of 15 7/8", giving this flintlock an overall length of approx 31 1/2" long.

Was it done because Elmer Fudd's long dead ancestor got a carrot stuck in the end of the barrel, blowing it to smithereens, and he chopped off the end to "fix" it? Or was it done to make a more maneuverable home defense gun? Stagecoach gun or Buffalo gun? Who knows!

Regardless, I like it, and it's going over the fireplace, along with the other antique firearms.

"I ask, Sir, what is dinner? It is the whole chicken. To pluck the chicken is the best and most effectual way to prepare them."
    Colonel Sanders

That is a NICE looking bunch of meat!

I can still find a use for my thumb, even though it no longer has a hole to finger.

I could have been enjoying his nuts.

King's George SOCOM chambered in the popular 500 Black Gound.
    It is a shame when people demanding tolerance, have no tolerance

Comment

Cavalry issue.
      I'm no proctologist, but I know an azzhole when I see one!!

Comment

Working...
      X