SAFE Act Didn't Stop Bronx Hospital Shooting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFE Act Didn't Stop Bronx Hospital Shooting

Townhall is reporting this as proof that the SAFE Act did nothing to stop the recent hospital shooting because the shooter used a compliant rifle. I totally agree with the article and think the SAFE act is pointless. But living as a New Yorkistan resident, I fear Cuomo and his minions will just see this as an excuse to pass more restrictive laws.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/07/11/gun-used-in-bronx-hospital-shooting-was-compliant-with-cuomos-safe-act-n2353109

And while the AM-15 rifle that Dr. Henry Bello used looks a lot like the type of assault-style rifles that have been banned in New York since 2013, it was perfectly legal.

Indeed, Bello’s AM-15 was among a burgeoning category of rifles sold in New York that are considered compliant with the state’s SAFE Act gun control law.

Such guns look like the classic AR-15 assault-style weapons but they meet the requirements of the SAFE Act because the military features have been removed.

Anyone know if Bello was in legal possession of the rifle in NYC? I thought you had to jump through a lot of legal hoops to own any kind of firearm in NYC.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    www.unconvictedfelon.com
    www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

SAFE doesn't stop any act of violence. I'm sure we'll see more in the future
    Athiest. Because... science

Comment

I have heard that the shooter first went to a gun store in Albany and was turned down because of his NYC address.

He then went to a different store, in Schenectady, where they sold him the rifle. I don't know the details of what info he used at the Schenectady store though.
      "I ask, Sir, what is dinner? It is the whole chicken. To pluck the chicken is the best and most effectual way to prepare them."
      Colonel Sanders

That is a NICE looking bunch of meat!

I can still find a use for my thumb, even though it no longer has a hole to finger.

I could have been enjoying his nuts.

Comment

So SAFE didn't stop the violence. NYC laws didn't stop the violence either. We all see it as meaning laws don't stop bad guys. I fear Cuomholio and his buddies will see it as meaning something else.
        NRA Life Member
        NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
        www.unconvictedfelon.com
        www.facebook.com/blackcoyotesrt

I was thinking of his cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by WARFAB View Post
          So SAFE didn't stop the violence. NYC laws didn't stop the violence either. We all see it as meaning laws don't stop bad guys. I know Cuomholio and his buddies will see it as meaning something else.
          Fify

Comment

The "SAFE" act didn't work? Newsflash from the department of DUH
            Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Comment

Obviously we need even STRICTER laws now. Surely that'll get the job done
              Sticky Lips at High Noon!

Comment

Believe mag limit in NYC is 5 rounds. Not sure though, or what was sold to him.

Comment

Working...
                X